Book Review by Marcus of The Power of the Prophetic Blessing by John Hagee

When I first received The Power of the Prophetic Blessing by John Hagee to review, I wasn’t sure what it was all about. But as I began to read, I found that it is a very good book. I thought at first that maybe this was going to be another one of those pat you on the back, prosperity gospel kind of books. But I was amazed at the well researched, well presented look at examples of “prayers of blessings” given in the Bible. This is not just a pick me up and bless me kind of book. It takes you on a journey thru the prayers and blessings of many people in the Bible. Everyone from Abraham and God’s promises of blessing to him, to Jacob and his sons, to Jesus preaching the sermon on the Mount and taking the little children in His arms to pray a prayer of blessing over them.
For those who would like to take a trip through parental praying in the Bible, this is the book. For those looking for keys to prayer for spiritual growth, this is a good book to read. I don’t be any means endorse everything in this book, but I highly recommend it as a means of deepening your prayer life, not just for yourself, but for your family. I think the main emphasis I get from Mr. Hagee is the importance of praying for your kids. The importance of lifting them up to the throne room of God. And the importance of praying those prayers in their presence so that they can feel God’s presence while you pray for them. This book is a challenge for fathers and mothers to have family prayer. It’s important. It’s necessary if you want to see your kids succeed for God.
My favorite chapter of the book dealt with the promises of blessings that Jesus gave in Matthew chapter 5. Blessed are the meek. Blessed are the pure in heart. On and on Jesus went and promised a certain blessing on people who had these spiritual characteristics in their life. It’s worth the book to read this one chapter. It’s not about theology. It’s not about whether you like the author or not. It’s about a simple challenge that Jesus gave to us.
Worthy Publishing gave me this book in exchange for my review. They in no way influence my review.

-Marcus

Comments