5 Love Languages of Teenagers - book review

Don’t you love teenagers?  All the crazy ideas that pop in their head?  The crazy little things they think are so hilarious?  The mood swings?  The growing pains?  The awkwardness?  The ever - changing friendships?
   I remember those days.  I remember the frustrations.  I also remember having parents that knew how to love me through it all.  Unfortunately for them, they had to practice on my older two siblings.  For those of us who are raising teenagers today, we have an amazing, up to date, resource:  The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman.
   This is an awesome resource for parents to not only help them learn about their teen, but to also learn about their own parenting style.  Every child is different and responds differently.  The Love Languages- Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Quality Time, Acts of Service, and Gifts - should all be treated differently.
   Gary Chapman gives simple, detailed explanations for each Love Language.  He gives strengths and weaknesses of each one.  He also gives parents ideas and tips on what to do for each one of these Love Languages.
   The book also deals with issues such as anger, single parent homes, desire for independence, teaching responsibility and what to do when your teen fails.  Also included in this book is a test that your teen can take to determine their Love Language.  I did this with my 13 year old daughter and found it to be very enlightening and helpful.
   I highly recommend this book.  I did receive this book free from Moody Publishing.



God Bless,

Marcus

Comments