Amy Grant's Tennessee Christmas - CD Review

   The chill is in the air.  Christmas decorations are everywhere.  Lights, trees, snowmen, and Christmas music is playing in every store.  I love it.  It's the most wonderful time of the year.  It's the time of year that we celebrate the birth of Jesus, the One Who came to save us from our sins.  It's the time of year that we celebrate our purpose for living. 
   I love just about any Christmas music, basically because Christmas music kind of helps create that festive atmosphere that we are so used to in the month of December.  So I must admit I was excited when I was given the opportunity to review this Christmas CD by Amy Grant. 
   I got to admit that it was really cool to open it up and find a CD that actually looked like an old record.  That might not mean a lot to most people, but as a lover of the nostalgic, I loved it.  A quick glance through the booklet that came with the cover featured Amy Grant's family pics and Christmas memories that really gave this album a more personal feel.
   I popped it into the CD player and the first song that started playing was the classic Tennessee Christmas, which, in my mind, takes me to those beautiful Smokey Mountains.  Man, I would love to be there right now! 
   After Tennessee Christmas, it quickly moves to a modern contemporary Christmas song called To Be Together.  My favorite song on the album is the upbeat, lighthearted Christmas For You And Me.  It's the Christmas anthem of every couple at Christmas.  You love the romantic feelings that Christmas brings, only to be awakened at 5 A.M. by excited kids ready to open presents.  You're tired and running on coffee, and yet life is totally amazing.
   This album features the Christmas classics we've come to love: White Christmas, Joy To The World, Baby, It's Cold Outside(with Vince Gill), Christmas, Don't Be Late, and O, Come All Ye Faithful
   Also, be sure to check out Melancholy Christmas, December, I've Got My Love to Keep Me WarmStill Can't Sleep, and Another Merry Christmas.

   I am giving away a copy of this CD.  Anyone who comments on this blog in the next 48 hours will be entered into a drawing. 

  Also get a sneak peek at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUpIwK5Bxn8
 “To Be Together” Audio on Youtube:

“Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller /FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.  Winner is subject to eligibility verification.


God Bless,

Marcus

Comments