Revealing Jesus( A 365-Day Devotional) by Darlene Zschech

   I have enjoyed reviewing Revealing Jesus by Darlene Zschech.  It is a nicely designed, easy to read devotional that covers a complete year.  I must admit from the start that I have never been one to read a lot of devotionals.  I tend to use them for inspiration for Wednesday night service at church, but I actually found this one to be a really well written devotional.
   You will find traditional devotions in pages of this book, but one of the things that I think really impressed me is that scattered throughout are devotionals that contain nothing but the words to a song.  The Solid Rock, Amazing Grace, and Great is Thy Faithfulness are just a few.
   The devotionals are encouraging, enlightening, and always based upon a scripture verse of the day.  They are topical, but tend to follow a well thought out pattern.  As I read through the book, I found that instead of just jumping from one scripture to the next, the author would spend a whole week or even a month on one passage of scripture.
   Overall, I would give this a 5 out of 5.  It is a great devotional for anyone.  I don't think that it's very deep or hard to read in areas of theology.  It's just good, basic devotionals that will uplift the Christian and enlighten the sinner.
   I received this book from Bethany House Publishing in exchanged for my review.   It is easily available to buy on most online book retailers.  Read it and enjoy it!

God Bless,

Marcus

Comments